Just an FYI...
While I am doing some catch up I am post dating the posts to the date they occurred...so there may be a few that are farther back than you think, that you might have missed. I have to do it this way so I keep the events in order. Thanks!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

San Diego Trip: World Famous San Diego Zoo

We were able to go to the San Diego Zoo while we were in San Diego.  I have not been to the Zoo in a REALLY long time so it was so fun to go.  My wonderful family and husband pushed me around in a wheel chair so that I could enjoy it and not get sick.  If I exert too much energy, I get really sick (pregnancy) and the only option at that point is laying down.  So while it was very humbling, I was very grateful to have so many willing to wear themselves out, pushing me all over, so that the trip could be more enjoyable for everyone. 

The cousins.
We went with my sister, Suzy, and her family as well as my Mom and little sister Eadie.
Before you go into the Zoo they have some tribal music playing outside.  Kallie really loved dancing to it.  They ran around while we tried to get them sun-blocked and ready to go spend the day at the Zoo.
Being monkeys at the monkey exhibit.
We stopped for lunch and watched some more monkeys play around.  
There is me in the wheelchair :s
Daddy and Kallie with the Panda in the back ground.
These are the two Panda's at the Zoo.  Apparently the San Diego Zoo has the only breeding male. This is about as big as they get.  They are actually very small.  They weigh less than I do.  They are in a special exhibit being studied for behaviors and stuff so you had to be really quiet while you walked through.

This...made Kallie REALLY nervous!  She did NOT want to stand in front of this pacing leopard.


Playing on the statues.

Me again...sitting in the wheel chair watching everyone play.  But I was very grateful to be there and to be feeling well still.
We went to the petting Zoo and the kids got to pet all the goats.
My sister and her family.

As the Zoo they let some birds and stuff just roam around and we got lucky enough on our way out to see this peacock showing off his feathers.
All in all it was a great day at the Zoo.  We had so much fun!  You really need several days to see the whole zoo.  We actually only saw half of it, if that. It is such a fun place!

No comments: