February 21, 2010
I can't believe my little girl is 3!!!!
She is so big!
She is so fun too.
We have been sick and this was the 2nd day we were finally feeling better. I was so glad because then we were able to do some fun things for her birthday.
For the last month and a half, she has said she wanted a Tiana party. She had never even seen the movie, but has a Tiana barbie that she got for Christmas. It wasn't until recently, like a week or so ago, that we sat down and watched it. I do have to say, I have liked it better and better each time we watch it.
She loved the movie and is more excited about her Tiana friend party she is going to have tomorrow.
I made her this birthday shirt. It is a quote from The Princess and the Frog.
This is what it says:
"There is no way I am kissing a frog and eating a bug on the same day!"

We opened a few presents from us and one that she had gotten from one of Bryan's friends at work. She was so sweet as she was opening them. Saying:
"this is so wonderful"
and
"sank you!"
and
"ooooh, cool! I love it"
over and over. I love that she is so gracious and gets so excited about things. She kept telling us that too.
"I am so excited"
followed by jumping up and down.
I just can't get enough of her facial expressions. Her face says it all, all the time. She has been that way since she was a baby.
Her "cheese" face :)
Randomly she asked for farm animals one day and Targets dollar section was happy to oblige. I had already gotten her gifts and this was the only thing she actually asked for...she loved them. She carries them around in a bucket with her.
After she got them opened she lined them all up in a line.
I just love this face. It is so her. It's the "I can't do it/I need help" face. Remember when I said her face says it all, all the time...well, this is a perfect example.
And I love it!
She thought she had to "cheese" smile the entire time she was opening presents cause Bry was taking pictures. That is what you are getting in the picture on the left. She seemed a little relieved when I told her she didn't have to do a cheese smile the whole time.
Kallie LOVES puzzles and is VERY good at them. We do them together all the time and she does them a lot by herself. I am always so surprised when she puts an entire puzzle together on her own. She is always really proud of her self too, and she should be.
Kallie is part of Geoffrey's Birthday club, and with that comes a coupon and a card in the mail. We told her she could go pick out a toy and Mom and Dad would tell her if it was ok to get. We let her pick 4 things and then she had to decide between the 4 presents. This is what she chose. She loves barbies. She loves to take their clothes off and brush their hair.
I await the day that she can re-dress them herself! I think I will jump for joy when that day comes!
Then we went out to dinner here:
so so good!
Kallie was being a ham the whole time.
I think she was just excited it was her birthday. She kept making a grumpy face.
She is so silly.
She ordered Steak,
liked it,
and ate it!
They have it on the kids menu!
I think she was just excited it was her birthday. She kept making a grumpy face.
She is so silly.
She ordered Steak,
liked it,
and ate it!
They have it on the kids menu!
My two favorite people!
I just LOVE them!
the grumpy face.
again.
again.
Me and my side kick!
Then we let Kallie choose where she wanted to go for her birthday treat. With everyone (including Kallie) being sick, we had to postpone her birthday party (friend and family). So we wanted to do something special ON her birthday since the festivities had to wait another week.
She chose this:
She gets the same flavor every time.
Chocolate
with as many toppings as we will allow.
She loves this place and knows it by name.
and she loves to sit by the fire place, too.
She loves this place and knows it by name.
and she loves to sit by the fire place, too.
Happy birthday to my little Kallie bear!
I love you so much!
I am one LUCKY mama!
She had lots of friends tell her Happy Birthday on FB (my FB page...no, she does not have her own) and wanted to tell them thank you. She wanted to write each of them a note...but I suggested we do this instead.
My Kallie Bear:
she is kind, loving, tender hearted, and so sweet.
She is a thinker.
She is quick and very smart.
She loves babies, barbies, and princesses.
Her newest thing she loves to do it play games. I love that she is old enough to do this with!
She loves to talk, and I love to listen to her.
She says the funniest things, and surprises me with all the things she remembers.
She loves to sing (which melts my heart) and loves to dance around and be silly.
She likes to imitate Bryan doing exercises and even adds the grunts in here and there, as well as the "I need to take a break and rest for a minute"
She is SA.SSY and stubborn!
She is very observant.
She loves to Skype her cousins and loves to talk on the phone...already.
She loves to race and to play her version of hide and seek.
She is a great helper.
She likes things to be cleaned up and put away and helps to keep things that way.
She tells me she loves me all the time. She melts me every time!
She is tall enough to reach the light switches and sometimes all the lights are on...or off for no apparent reason other than she is so proud of herself that she can do it.
If she gets a stool she can get her own snacks (with permission of course)
She WANTS to be good.
And generally is.
...Don't get me wrong, she is a normal kid...throws tantrums here and there and talks back...but she really does try to do what it right most of the time.
She loves to read and I love to read to her.
She is now a SUNBEAM at church! eeeek. She is excited to be in Primary with me and I am excited to watch her in action.
::::::
I could go on and on...I just love her! She is my best girl and I tell her that all the time. I don't know what I did to deserve such a wonderful little girl, but I'll take it.






























5 comments:
I love Kallie's grumpy face- it looks just like Ally's! Ha ha. She is so darling. I love all the updates!
She is darling! Those eyes are awesome. I am sure she uses them to try to sucker Mom and Dad into letting her get away with stuff. Congrats Kallie way to grow up super cute!
i love that she thought she had to smile the whole time she opened presents. she's a cutie. happy LATE birthday, Kallie!
Good job on the shirt. She is adorable and is getting so big. You all look fabulous and happy.
How on earth did I miss this post?!! It's fantastic!!
You captured everything about Kallie, I just love it. She is such a great kid and we adore her! Happy birthday Kallie!
Post a Comment