Yes, I am really posting about last years Thanksgiving. But it was too great to not post about. Plus it is some of the rare occasions that you get to see pictures of my family. It was so great to be together. We were sad Dad wasn't able to come, but his health is fragile and he was sick at home.
My sister Summer and her baby Tessa.
Peter giving Gram kisses! Gotta love those smooches!
My beautiful Mother! I love her dearly and am so grateful for all that she did, does and continues to do for all of us!
Peek-a-boo, is anybody home?
The princess thing started with a tube of toothpaste. That is no lie! She found this hat of Natalie's and that was the end of that.
My cousin Ally. We went and picked her up from her dorm and she got to spend the Thanksgiving/Christmas day with us.
If you look closely....they are ALL sitting on Uncle John. You can kinda see his head and arm under there. Thank goodness for Uncles!
Me, my wonderful Mom, and Summer.
This girl and her faces. Don't mess.
We celebrated Christmas while everyone was there. That way we could save on some shipping costs. We know it was a bit early, but it was great to be able to do it with the family! We have a chart where we have a different family each year and we have a budget limit for that family. I love doing it this way because we always know who we have and we can work on ideas year round. We also only have to focus on one family and that really saves some money and stress. It works for us :)
A barbie mermaid. Kallie was LOVING this. She loves barbies, babies...anything that has to do with being a little Mommy!
Brother John and some of his Christmas gifts. We all got these. We grew up on these CD's and I was so excited when we got these! I love to listen to them, even now!
Grammy got some fun photos of some of her grandkids.
The cute watch that my sister gave me. She gave me two different watch bands to go with it. I am loving them and wanting to make more bands to go with them!
Kallie just loved this princess shirt that she got. (As if you couldn't tell)
Both my Mom's parents passed away in the last couple of years. With that came the dividing up of heirlooms and remembrances. This is my grandpa Dale's hat. We were going through the stuff my Mom had set aside and choosing what we wanted to keep. I will have to take pictures of what I have and post that later. It was fun to reminise along with the stuff being looked through and talked about.
1st pic: Grammy and Peter cooking away. My mom has become a raw foods certified instructor and she made some really yummy raw food things for us to try at Thanksgiving. One was cauliflower mashed potatoes (minus the potatoes). She made a pumpkin ginger thingy..I will have to get the names form her...I can't remember what they are all called. The other was this cranberry blend that was sooooo yummy. All raw and very good.
2nd pic: Paul. He is a wiz in the meat dept.! Just look at that delicious turkey! Is your mouth watering?!?!? It was YUM! We had thanksgiving at Jenn and Paul's. They are pretty central to where we all live and they have enough room to fit all of us and our chillins.
Nat-a-tat :::: James and his two girls (Summer's hubba)
Kallie was having a hard time waking up from very late nap. She was too excited to to go down for a nap. I ended up falling asleep with her, for about an hour, at 4:00pm or so. No naps = an unhappy baby!
Emma, looking a little board. I guess that tryptophan is kicking in.
There is always a little of this going on. Jake is all boy! He loves to play video games, wrestle, tease...but is also the sweetest boy around!




4 comments:
It definitely looks like a wonderful celebration. Thank goodness for awesome family! I'm so glad you're able to see them - I know you must miss them terribly!
Hey Bryan and Rachel! I found you guys through Katie's blog and was so excited! Your little family is the cutest thing ever and it's been fun to see what you've been up to! Feel free to get on our blog (I try to keep it updated for my family)! We're living in Washington now and life is going by quickly, but it's good. It looks like your having as much fun being parents as we are and we'll have to get together one of these days when we're back in Utah!
okay so I just might steal these two posts for my blog...I haven't blogged in so long and these are awesome...ps that picture of mom is priceless!!!
love seeing these and remembering again! and just like Jenn - I am totally stealing these posts for my blog. All these little kiddies are to cute! and the pic of mom is exceptional. love you!
Post a Comment