Just an FYI...
While I am doing some catch up I am post dating the posts to the date they occurred...so there may be a few that are farther back than you think, that you might have missed. I have to do it this way so I keep the events in order. Thanks!

Friday, May 21, 2010

Catch up Saga: Jake's Baptism, Nov. 2009

Just a small FYI, these pictures are backwards :( I forgot to load them the right way. So take that into consideration when you are looking, in fact, scroll down and read it from bottom to top...that would be better ;)
THE END
I loved this moment I saw. Jake had just opened his new scriptures that he had gotten. This is Nana telling him that the Bible is a good book that he should read over and over and over again. I loved seeing that moment take place. It is from the older and wiser ones that we can learn all the things we need to know in life :)
Always have to have a crazy picture!
The DeMarcus side of the family.
The Aceves side of the family. Bet you can't pick out which one is my sister (WINK WINK) Yep, the blonde one.
Eadie, my little sister and Emma, my niece. They are the same age and great buds! When they get together, watch out...all craziness breaks loose. AND..yes, that is my little girl pushing her cousin peter. She totally got caught in the act. Notice how she is smiling...she thought it was a game cause she wasn't the only one doing it.

Tessa, in the snow gear was sweatin' like crazy. If only I hadn't spilled her water all over her, maybe she wouldn't have had to change into her emergency clothes....But she sure s cute.
this was not the first, or the last spill....
This is Peters cheese face. When you told him to smile or say cheese, this is what he would do.
Two quirky cousins. Abby and Natalie. Can you tell they are related? After the baptism we had a small dinner and birthday cake. Then there was lots of "getting the wiggles out" going on. It ended in a fat lip for Kallie and lots of spills for many others. Running around with lots of kids in church clothes, in the cultural hall, is never a good idea....
The baptism boy and his Mom and Dad (Jenn and Paul) The baptism was wonderful. It was so great to be able to see Jake take this wonderful and truly important step in his life! It was even better that the majority of his family, some members of the LDS church, some not, were there to support him. I know that he made a good choice to be baptized into the LDS church. I too know that it is true and am so happy that he is a member of it!
Walking around the room practicing the song, over and over and over till we all had it stuck in our heads. You gotta make it fun somehow!
This rocking horse that Kallie is on my grandfather made.
B-i-l Paul and babu David
Grammy (My Mom) playing the melody so we could all sing.
Sister Sandy and Thomas.
The is part of the group. They were sitting patiently waiting to practice the song we were all going to sing at the baptism.
Peter, Suzy's little boy.
Kallie and Peter are not too far apart in age. They had a great time rolling around and playing together.

Paul, Jennifer's husbands parents. Nana and Tata. They are not LDS but came to support Jake in getting baptized.
Baby David, my sister Jennifer's youngest. I swear, they all look the same! They have a preset mold for their babies.
Love that cute little face. Thomas also has 2 other siblings that weren't able to come this time around.
We walked to the school to see Emma's presentation. It was just easier that way and even though it was chilly, we had fun along the way. Peter was being such a ham! He is a happy kid.
Little miss at the Presentation walk.
Suzy (Cali) and Peter.
Sandy (Georgia) and a very sleepy Thomas.
Emma's Report that the whole family was able to go and see. Everyone was in town so we got to go see her presentation. I love being able to support my family when I can! It was so fun to see her face when she found out we were all coming! She did a great job on her presentation. Unlike some other posters there, she did hers all by herself! Way to go Emma!
Happy, clean Thomas!
I love me a clean baby! I hope I never forget the smell of a fresh clean baby!
Kallie and her cousin Thomas, from Georgia, takin' a bath. She LOVED having someone to take a bath with!
Her smile melts me...
STAET HERE: My family came to visit! We had so much fun. I love my family and you don't see too much of them because the closest ones are an hour and ten minutes away. But my sister came from Georgia and we were able to all attend my nephews Baptism as well as have Thanksgiving/early Christmas together. I was sad my Dad was not able to come. He was sick and the cold air and higher altitudes are not good for him. He has blood cancer and is in his 70's. But was so great to have everyone here for such an extended period of time.

1 comment:

Damitz Family said...

Congratulations to Jake and his family. I hope you know that you've got a whole slew of gorgeous people in your family Rach. And those kids! Just beautiful!