
We have never been really consistent with F.H.E. (Family Home Evening,) but I vowed that we would start to be better for Kallie (these kids really make you want to be better and do better!)and for our family! We are asked to do it and told we will be blessed if we do and I am ready to receive those blessings! We have had it twice now since we decided to do it 3 weeks ago. It feels so great to be talking about the gospel to our little Kall
ie. Not that we don't talk to her about it quite a bit already, but I am really enjoying the spirit that comes when we have it. We have been doing lessons out of the church nursery manual (found here) and it makes it really easy. They usually only last about 10 minutes or so, but we get to have fun being together and enjoy talking about the doctrines of the gospel!

The lesson
tonight was "Heavenly Father has a Plan for Me" We sang, phrase by phrase, the first verse of "I am a Child of God" and then talked about what it meant. We talked about how we chose to come here to earth and were sent here to a family that loves us. We each have parents that lead and guide us so that we can return to Heavenly Father one day.
"I am a child of God,
and he has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home,
With parents kind and dear.
Lead me guide me, walk beside me.
Help my find the way.
Teach me all that I can do,
To live with him someday."
I am grateful to have this knowledge and to be able to share it with my children! I love that I know who I am, where I cam from and what happens to me and my family when this life is over!
The manual has game ideas and pictures to help visually. They also give great activities that you can do. We each took a part of this mobile and colored it together. Kallie took a turn coloring each one :) Then we put it together and hung it up in her room.
(You can purchase the nursery manual at the LDS distribution center for about $4.00)
::::::::::::
A few days ago Kallie came out of our closet wearing one of Bryan's hats. Bry thought he would join in the fun and went in and got his hat for himself too. They have so much fun together. I love to see them play and be pals! Kallie is such a fun little girl! She has such a great personality and is so fun to be around (the majority of the time, we aren't all peaches and cream all the time), and Bryan is such a great Dad! I am so blessed!

She also insisted on wearing this *cute* outfit to the store the other day (Jan 14, 2010) and I couldn't say no because I was wearing a baseball cap myself. So she wore it to the store. She was happy, I was happy and so was most everyone else that saw her. :)

(this picture was taken from my phone so it may be a bit blurry)



No comments:
Post a Comment