Just an FYI...
While I am doing some catch up I am post dating the posts to the date they occurred...so there may be a few that are farther back than you think, that you might have missed. I have to do it this way so I keep the events in order. Thanks!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Catch Up Saga: Halloween (Oct 09)

The ward "trunk-or-treat"
Kallie got the hang of this candy collecting thing pretty quickly. She was all about picking a piece of candy to put in her "bucket." She was sure to say thank you (with some prompting of course) but went from trunk to trunk having a great time. She was a little nervous at first but that seemed to settle pretty quickly.
Our ward had a dinner afterwards in which Kallie, evidenced by the picture above, had a doughnut for her meal. Bry was at school that night and I contemplated not even going cause I had had a hard day already, but last minute decided to go. I hurried and got Kallie and I dressed. I was the same thing I was 2 years ago, and Kallie was the same thing she was last year. Thankfully her costume fit 2 years in a row. I left my house a mess (I had just finished doing my friends hair) and we drove off to the party. We had a blast, but I was not in any mood to be the good cop and the bad cop, so I let her have a doughnut for dinner. She did have a bite of soup and a few bites of a really yummy roll. She is still alive, the doughnut didn't do her in.
On Halloween we went over to my SIL's and carved pumpkins and then went trick-or-treating.
Kallie just wanted to run and be with the other kids. This is her running fast.
She understood the concept a little bit this time around which was a lot of fun for us as parents. Kids always make holidays and other special days so much more fun!
I love this picture with the mountains and the, almost, full moon in the background. Very halloweeny.
She didn't go up to all the doors, goodness knows we really didn't want her to have all this candy, but she went up to quite a few (with the help of Mom and Dad of course.) This is Evie, our little cow girl. Her and Charlie had these awesome horse costumes from when Bryan's family was younger. This picture does not do it justice, but they all were sure cute!

Speaking of cute....
I am pretty sure this lady bug could.not.be any cuter!!!
Inkley's does a free shoot every year on halloween. You get a free 4x6 and the option to purchase packages and a CD of the images if you want. These are a product of that. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging! :-) I missed you...

Damitz Family said...

I'm so glad to see all these pictures, they're so fun!! I have to agree, holidays just mean so much more and are so much fun with kids.

Muffin said...

Stinkin adorable! I can't believe all that hair!!!