Just an FYI...
While I am doing some catch up I am post dating the posts to the date they occurred...so there may be a few that are farther back than you think, that you might have missed. I have to do it this way so I keep the events in order. Thanks!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The catch up saga: General Conference Oct 2009

And the catching up begins.
Aren't you excited? I sure am! There will be a lot! There are some big holidays and events that we celebrated in these last few months. Halloween, Thanksgiving (which some how slipped right by without any pictures...did that really happen? I will have to check with Bry and make sure I am looking in the right place cause my family was here and I sure hope there are pictures,) 2 weddings, Christmas, New Years...and a few odds and ends in between... just found out, they are in Jake, my nephew's, baptism folder.

But first, general conference at my sil's. I love conference time! I do have a confession, this saturday conference there wasn't much listening going on cause we were busily working on some wedding decorations/gifts for my sil, Kim, who got married on the 4th of November. But I do love being uplifted, edified and lets be honest...corrected! It is so nice to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father that continually guides us and that twice a year we can hear it straight from the mouth of the prophet and apostles of the Lord.
We were at my SIL's all day. (Thanks a million for letting us crash your conference day!) We still don't have TV (our cable company doesn't cover our area and we don't want to sign a contract with satellite.
I love that Kallie loves her cousins and gets to play with them often. This is Kallie and Simon. They aren't too far in age. He is a few months older.
These goggles seem to be a favorite among Charlie and Kallie (there will be some Christmas pics with Charlie sporting these beauties). She was trying so hard to get them on straight.
Here we are...busily making these blocks which we punched all the letters out by hand for, cut and rounded all the edges of the pictures and glued them all on! It was a task...but we got it done! They turned out really cute and in the end...there were about 52 total I think! We did have conference on in the kitchen via radio...but we did some pre-wedding girl talk in between as well.
Chris (top left), Kim, bride-to-be (bottom)
Evie, watching conference intently.
This is cousin Jackson makin' a silly face!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh my gosh I can't WAIT for more catching up! Hooray!!

Dan and Kira said...

Super cute blocks! Love your blog and pictures!

Damitz Family said...

LOL, my kids are all yelling, "Hey, that's me!"

You know you're welcome to crash our conference every time. We had a blast!

A Charmed Life said...

love the catching up!!! Esp. bc I am taking a few min. to catch up on others :)