Just an FYI...
While I am doing some catch up I am post dating the posts to the date they occurred...so there may be a few that are farther back than you think, that you might have missed. I have to do it this way so I keep the events in order. Thanks!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

inspiration and new dresser

Ok, these are so fun and took less than 10 minutes! The best part, they only cost me 3 dollars (WalMart). I have been wanting to make them for a while just kept forgetting to pick up some knee socks but a post from one of my friends inspired me to get on th ball. I made them while she was asleep so I was not able to measure them but I actually like that they cover her feet. She still gets good traction with the balls of her feet and her toes but they keep her a little warmer!

You want instructions...
  1. Buy some knee socks (these are size 4-10)
  2. Cut at the ankle
  3. Turn inside out
  4. Your unfinished edge (where you just cut) you want to fold down (about 3/4 in to an inch.) You will see the right side of the fabric now. This will be your bottom cuff/seem.
  5. ZIG ZAG stitch (very important to allow stretch) or whip stitch by hand, along the edge (about 3/4 to 1/2 inch seem allowance) I stretched the fabric as I sewed to make sure it would stretch.
  6. Then I tapered in the sides for size adjustment and to make the opening more narrow by sewing a straight stitch line about 2 inches long on each side. (if you click on the picture to enlarge it and you will kinda be able to see this.)
  7. DONE! Easy as pie (which I don't think is easy to make but that is how the saying goes!)
Sorry there aren't step by step picture instructions...but you are smart, you can do it!!!
**Now go find some cute socks!!!
You can also use them as arm warmers for you!

We also got Kallie a dresser! Yay! I am so excited. This is just the catalog pic but you get the idea. I am so glad we have a DownEast Home here! They always have such great deals! I still have to find baskets and get a changing pad but it is so nice to have a dresser now!!!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

LOVE the leggings! (And the dresser too!) You are waaaay too crafty, whipping them out so quickly! Whenever I do it, it will probably be very labor intensive. ;)

Anonymous said...

Again girl, you could be selling your crafts sooo easily! You are so talented! Go on etsy! Love you! Need to chat soon! :)

Damitz Family said...

I totally agree, Etsy's the place for you!

The leggings look fabulous. Aren't they fun?

Muffin said...

The leggings are adorable. It makes me want to makes some. So cute! Also, love the dresser you chose. So fun. I thought I'd give you some ideas of where you could get the baskets and changing pad. My aunt Connie makes changing pads and even has a patent on them. Her business is called Rumble Tuff. Here's the website http://www.rumbletuff.com/.
Maybe if you tell her you know me, you can get a discount. She sells covers too. And you can get super cute baskets at Ross. I got 3 for like $20 or something like that.

MerryPair said...

OK, I have been wanting to buy some leggins for a year now for Maggie and they are like $12 for one pair and I've been so sad, but I'm totally going to make some now!! They are adorable!! Thanks for the inspiration and her 9 month pictures are beautiful!!

kjSmith said...

Totally cute leggings. I've been making some for Kimber and I snatched a few pairs from Macey's (grocery store)of all places for .99 cents. They were so cute, I was flabbergasted. Anyway, just a FIY in case you or any readers are looking for more.