Kallie here! I thought that I'd contribute to the family blog instead of Mom and Dad. This post is to share with other babies what I've learned in my captivity so far. *IF YOU ARE A MOMMY OR A DADDY, STOP READING NOW! THIS POST IS FOR BABIES ONLY!*
After 8 1/2 months of trial and error, I think I've finally cracked them. The sleep deprivation seemed to be working for a while, but they seem to have adapted. Spraying them with various bodily fluids didn't do the job either. They really are a resilient species, these Mommies and Daddies. However, my experiments have led me to believe that they react best to acts of "cuteness" as they like to call it. I call it self abasement, but it seems I get what I want best doing cute things. I've included a video to illustrate. These are several tricks that they think they taught me that have worked best for me. There's the "Oh No!" where I put my hands on my head and look like I'm worried (my personal favorite), the tongue click (I'm still perfecting this, so I only demonstrate this once in the video, watch closely), clapping, scrunchy face, and last but not least, the goodbye wave.
I postulate this behavior is effective based on the results. My Mommy and Daddy bend at my every will. I live like a king...I mean, I live like a Queen! They drive me places, acting as my chauffeur, make my meals, feed me when I want, buy me clothes and toys......they even.......ehem....change my soiled undergarments. I know what you're thinking, I didn't think they'd go that far either, but I'm tellin' ya, this stuff works! Watch the video and learn you babies out there!
Oh, please disregard the food on my face, they haven't cleaned me yet. Also, this video has some dead spots, but keep watching. If you use all your ammo at once, you know what they say.....you're out of ammo.
Oh yeah, make sure you turn off the music...you won't be able to hear me and you will want to take notes.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Ha ha ha!! I've been giggling. I don't know what I like best, the "OH NO!" head grab, or the scrunchy face. I seriously am laughing. CUTE! She's adorable.
Oh, she KNOWS she's got a captive audience, doesn't she? lol
Kallie, you're a doll! And I swear I didn't read the post, just watched the video ;)
Ha ha ha!! That is so funny, i just love you guys!
Her clap clap and byebye is cute. I love her little scruntched faces. I am glad that is she is doing so much better now.
I just had to leave a comment. I was laughing at your CUTE daughter, but also laughing at how much we, as parents, sound so much alike. We all say the same things and make the same silly noises to try to get our children to do tricks for us. It's great. She really is adorable
TOO CUTE!!! I can't believe how big she is getting. I was looking at Peter and Tessa yesterday and can't belive how much they have changed and now looking at Kallie... WOW!!! They sure are growing fast. Miss you!!!
loved the video...and that kallie is posting. laughed out loud...at the video and the post i admittedly read!
That post is hilarious and the video was adorable! What a character!
Nate and Nat could not get enough!! They watched it over and over again...and they laughed the whole time. She is a cutie!!!
Oh, she has got it down to an art form! Great post--the narrative was really funny.
Post a Comment