


And now, the moment you've all been waiting for......more pictures of Kallie! I know at least my Mom has been checking everyday to see if we've posted more pictures, so here you go Mom. Thank you so much everybody for your kind comments and congratulations. We feel so blessed, not only to have Kallie in our lives, but for all of you who love and support us, and whom we love so much. Some of you requested some more details about the labor, so I'll try my best to get the story across quickly, without leaving out some of the fun details.
Rachel was apparently overdue by 10 days, so they scheduled her for induction on the morning of Feb. 21st. We were supposed to report to the hospital bright and early at 8 a.m. to start the process. So Wednesday night we got all of our bags packed and then went to see a movie, seeing as it would be one of the last times we'd see a movie in the theater for a while. We eenie meenied and ended up seeing Step Up 2 (keep this in mind, it will have relevance later in my tale). At one o'clock that morning, Rachel woke me up because her water had broken. (Rachel thinks it's because she really wasn't supposed to be due until the 25th, I think it's because Kallie is a female and we all know they come when they want). We almost hit some deer on the way to the hospital, but ended up getting there safely.
Rachel was awesome. She was a real trooper! She didn't get her epidural until eight that morning despite some pretty frightful contractions, then took a good nap (so did I), and really started pushing around 12:30pm. She pushed until three, but to no avail, Kallie just wouldn't come out! The doctor realized it was due to the umbilical cord being wrapped around Kallie and not having enough slack, it kept pulling her back into the womb. So the doctor cut the cord while Kallie was still in, quickly pulled her out with the forceps, and out came our little hairball at 3:30. She weighed in at 7 lbs 3 oz. and measured 20 inches long. Doctors sent us home two days later on Saturday, and we've been enjoying her company ever since.
And the moral of the story is: there are lots of myths out there on how to trigger the labor process, and I'm here to tell you, they're all false. We discovered the only true and living way to get those babies out is to go see a bad teenage dance movie (this is why you are remembering Step Up 2). Who wouldn't want to break-dance their way into a world with such inspiring entertainment?



5 comments:
Thank you for more pics and details. I too, check every day (well more than once a day) for pictures!! She is beautiful. Love you guys!
Way to go Rachel! I think every mother should get a Nobel Prize for giving birth. Of course, Dad's should get a pat on the back too for getting us through it! So way to go to both of you!!
Sounds like an adventure! She does sound like a real trooper...good for her. Now on to the fun and hard part of the actual parenting!! She is so cute and precious...and I love all of her hair!!
Your "little hairball"?! What did you have, a wookie? :)
She's beautiful - I need to come see her again!
Hey you guys! Wow congratulations! I got a e-Christmas card from ya and saw that you had a blog so I wanted to check it out! Kallie is so beautiful and I love her name! I've got a blog also so if you'd like to see my Bentley he's pretty cute! Looks like all is well and a whole new world! Its the greatest ever! Congratulations again!
Love, Tawny (from Inkley's):)
Post a Comment