Just an FYI...
While I am doing some catch up I am post dating the posts to the date they occurred...so there may be a few that are farther back than you think, that you might have missed. I have to do it this way so I keep the events in order. Thanks!

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Morning sickness....try ALL DAY sickness

Sorry for the blogging drought...but things have been...well... alright, so for those of you that do not yet know...yes, Bryan and I are pregnant.!!!! We are only about 7 1/2 weeks along but are VERY excited. We know we are still in the high risk months but we couldn't keep the info to ourselves for long as "morning sickness" aka..."all day sickness" set in after about 2 weeks. I don't know who in their right mind called it morning sickness....and wouldn't that be nice. :) Well...this baby has me eating on a strict schedule (to keep from the 'all day sickness') and has my sniffer in quite the frenzy! I have found that if I smell all the different aroma's of what is usually wonderful smelling food being made...it tends to make me absolutely want to die! The hard part is that I am not able to eat meals if I have to make them because of the smell...this puts a damper on the things I can eat and that I do eat. Count out the sugars and grease too...makes me gag just thinking about it. Then comes the dilemma of WHAT to eat that will be good, substantial, sounds good and isn't the exact same thing I ate yesterday!
Laundry detergent...I had a break down! I had just washed the laundry and was worn out from making the bed, only to find I could not get in it because the fresh smell i have always loved is too strong. I was too tired to do anything about it so I got in and hoped to fall asleep as quickly as possible. Oh, the joys of the first trimester. I could go on...but who really wants to hear it...lets be honest. Other than that I do feel very lucky because I haven't ever "lost my cookies," I just gag all day long. My energy is up and down so I am able to do some th
ings. We are so excited and very happy!

I had an absolutely fantastic time in Georgia! They definitely kept me busy and worn out. But how can you say no to those cute little faces! I can't!!! Even though sometimes I probably should have. I pushed myself so much at the beginning of the week that come that last two days I was there I was pretty much out for the count. We did so much and had so much fun! It was great to hang out with them all and to get reacquainted with Jillian and Spencer. And of course...I took plenty of pictures :)

Here are just a few of the Howe Family pictures that I took.
As for the APX Texas summer: I am blessed to have a job that I can do from home so even if I am sick and showering becomes a chore, I am still getting paid and you can fake anything over the phone :). As for Bryan, he is being successful out there in the heat and humidity. He has decided to extend which will bring us home a month later (October.) Needless to say we will have to make a move to Houston and don't worry...we will be there right in the middle of hurricane season (August to October). As far as we know, we will be about an hour from the Gulf and hope to be able to visit there. The good news is...I hopefully will be over all the "morning sickness" by October and will be able to drive one of the cars home with only frequent potty stops and not nausea stops too. We shall see. :)

7 comments:

MerryPair said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Pregnancy is so exciting, but not really fun until the 2nd trimester. I was the same way with Drew's body wash as you are with the laundry detergent. Funny how that works.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well!

Kelli said...

Rachel,

Pregnancy is just wuuuuuuuuuuunnnnndeeeeeeeeerfulllllll. There is so much to look forward to - being sick, getting fat, etc. I love it. But hopefully the end result will be worth it! Congratulations!!!

Susie and Jay Larson said...

Oh Rachel we love you and are thinking of you! I ate a lot of Cheerios the fist part of my pregnancy. AUGH! Good luck. We are so excited for you guys and hope it gets better.

Em said...

Rachel, it just runs in the family to be siiiccckkkk. I really liked coca cola slushies. I can at least empathize. I am so sorry!!! But it does get better. By 3 or four months it was good for me . . . unless your having twins.

Cute pictures. What film did you use?

Christine said...

Congrats again to both of you! It will get better at some point, I promise. But I hope it's sooner rather than later!

I love the pictures. Jillian almost looks like she could be your daughter instead of your niece. There's definitely a family resemblance there. I'm glad you had a good time!

Andrea said...

um pretty much i love you and am sorry you haven't been feeling well but am VERY excited you are having a little baby! love you miss you!

m_and_m said...

Congratulations! We missed you at the reunion. I hope you get feeling better soon. It is all worth it! :)