EASTER
We know it isn't about the gifts, the egg hunts, the baskets, the treats, but these things are a fun way to celebrate the holiday too.
Kallie's Easter Basket.
I made her that little Mae Doll. They are so easy and so fun.
You can find the pattern here:
I say they are so easy and so fun...and they are...but being pregnant, sick and not able to sit for long periods of time...it took me 4 hours and a few days, doing little bits at a time, to get it done. There was actually supposed to be two, but I was only able to finish one. We barely got her basket together as well. I am usually the one that does all that stuff but I had to send Bry on all the errands to fill her basket. He has been so helpful and while he has all his stuff to do, he has been doing his best to do all my stuff too! I love him!
Kallie coming down to find her basket. It didn't take her long to find it hidden behind the T.V.
She was pretty excited about all the contents inside and couldn't wait to pull it all out.
Her Mae Doll and Duke checking out the goods too.
She felt like she had to show Dad everything she pulled out of her basket for him to take a picture of. Belle and Mae became fast friends.
:::::::::::::::::
We had planned to dye easter eggs at Grandma's but had so much fun running around outside that we ran out of time. So we decided to get together again on Sunday evening and have left overs as well as dye some eggs together. We got together at my SIL, Chris's house for the fun. Then all the kids got to show off their basket goodies as well.
Baby Penny
Dying eggs.
We found out this was not the best method ever. :s It was great in theory, but we couldn't get it to work just right.
I was feeling less than stellar and spent almost the entire time right here in this chair, or lying on the couch. But it was fun to color the eggs with the kiddos.
Cousins Charlie and Simon
Kallie and cousin Evie
I just realized both these pictures are sideways...but you get the idea :)
My SIL, Chris, had this cool spinner thing that made the eggs kinda tidied. It was a lot of fun and the kids thought it was the greatest to see the egg roll around inside.






No comments:
Post a Comment