Just an FYI...
While I am doing some catch up I am post dating the posts to the date they occurred...so there may be a few that are farther back than you think, that you might have missed. I have to do it this way so I keep the events in order. Thanks!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Love day/special friend day

February 15, 2011
{I know what you are thinking...um, Valentines is on the 14th.  Well, the 15th worked out better for us, so that is when we did it.}
She gets so animated and excited about things.  
I love it.  
We have all been sick and cooped up inside so this was the only celebrating we did.  I was gonna make a special breakfast, but Kallie really loves oatmeal and would rather have that then pancakes...in fact, I am not sure she sees pancakes and eggs as a breakfast meal...we usually have it for dinner.  I was also gonna make a heart shaped pizza for dinner, but instead we had chicken noodle soup.  
I know...fun times, right?

This is her realizing what is inside.
She was so happy.  She remembers to be grateful too, which I also love.

Then we gave Daddy his valentine's gift and card.  Look at her sweet face as he read the valentine from her.  She was so happy to give it to him.
She gave valentines to all her friends and even some to their parents. I let her list them off and I wrote them on cards. We even ended up sending valentines to her far away cousins too, cause she wanted to include them.  She really is very thoughtful.
She helped me make this valentines gift for Dad.  I taught her what a secret/surprise was and told her that she couldn't tell Dada what was in the bag.  I don't know what she had more fun with, telling her Dad all through dinner that she had a surprise and it was a secret and she couldn't tell, or the actual present itself.
He loved it!
WE MADE HIM AN ANGRY BIRD!!!!! She couldn't wait for him to see it.
Pattern courtesy of: Red Angry Bird Plush
{she has several of the other birds patterns and ideas from the game too.}
If you do not know what Angry Birds are...they are characters in a video game that is fun and pretty addicting.  I find myself stealing bry's iPhone to play it.
Our handsome Duke Puppers.  
He has really turned into such a great dog!  He has made up for all the times I wanted to give him away when he was a cute, spastic, crazy puppy.  We love him and really lucked out with his personality and demeanor.  It is a gamble when you get a pet as to what they will be like, but we will take the good and the annoying ;) of our Puppers.
The Bird!  Bry took it to work with him. It sits at his desk and occasionally gets thrown at his coworkers.
Kallie and Bry were playing catch/whack/bonk with their new toys and having the best time.

I was super happy to receive a gym membership to Lady Fitness fro Valentines Day.  Besides being sick for a couple weeks, I have been really good abou going. The scale says that I have already lost some pounds...but it doesn't feel like I have.  Even though I hate going, I always feel good after I do and I need to show my body a little more love by exercising...no on to the eating healthier.  
If I would just stop buying treats for all the fun little holidays...

Happy VALENTINE'S Day!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Ok, we are HUGE fans of Angry Birds and I think you are brilliant for making your own! Seriously that made me laugh and then instantly covet. :) You are amazing!