Just an FYI...
While I am doing some catch up I am post dating the posts to the date they occurred...so there may be a few that are farther back than you think, that you might have missed. I have to do it this way so I keep the events in order. Thanks!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Day 2010

Christmas this year was absolutely magical!  It is so fun to have a little one, but even more fun to have a little one during the holidays!  Kallie was old enough to kind of understand what was going on and she loved every minute of it.  There was a lot of gasping, ooooh-ing and ahhh-ing, as well as a lot of thank you's.  She has told me that next year, when she sees santa, she is going to tell him "Thank you" for her gift this year.  She thought of it all on her own.  (makes me a happy mama to hear her say things like that!)  And you know what, she will probably remember too.  She is just like that!

Christmas eve preparations were quick cause I got most of the stuff done early this year.  It was nice to enjoy a quiet evening and anticipate Christmas morning.  

Kallie let us sleep in until 8am.  Which was so wonderful.  She came into our room and the first thing out of her mouth was "Dad, the sun is out!"  in a very excited voice.  The sun had been scarce and she was either saying that out of elation (because, after all she is my child) or because she is usually up when it is still dark out.  Either way, it was so cute to hear!  Bryan decided that Santa was real because Kallie let us sleep in :)
Duke...ready and waiting for...

this!!!!
We had stopped to open our last Advent tree treat.
All month long we would open a treat in the morning and share it.  Sometimes we shared it with Lucy (Kallie's little friend that I tended) and sometimes it was just me and Kallie.  Then all through out the day she would tell me that we had forgotten our treat...
We came around the corner and when she realized that Santa had come...she started jumping up and down.  She was very excited.  She had asked for princesses and thank goodness Santa was in the know and that he had a 50% off coupon for that very thing!

She went straight for her stocking that was filled with all kinds of goodies.  We probably could have stopped there.  She was so excited for the things that she pulled out.


here are the ahh's...
and oooh's.
When we told her there was more, she went straight to it.  She can recognize her name and so she knew exactly which gifts were for her.
The princess package was from Santa, and the Rapunzel doll was from Duke.  He was making amends for the brand new barbies he chewed last year.  They, Kallie and the princesses, have been inseparable ever since.  She loves to sit and comb their hair and take their clothes off. The lines them up just loves them to bits!
Duke was in heaven with his pigs ear...he L.O.V.E.S. these things! 
And he got a few new stuffed animals...that he has already chewed the stuffing out of, but that is what makes him happy.

We had one of these Music makers growing up and we loved it.  So I really wanted to have one in our home.  It is already a hit and we love to play it and make pretty music.
I asked for power tools...which I got!  :)  I am excited to use them.  I am wearing my safety goggles and I got a jig saw and some saw horses.

Bry got a 3 month pass to crossfit (it's an exercise program thing), which he is loving!
and so am I cause he looks smokin'!
The family got some games.  Kallie is really into games and puzzles and we have fun playing them together as a family.  
Then Bry made some breakfast and we enjoyed a nice lazy Christmas morning.

Christmas Evening
We went to the Damitz's (Bry's sister) home.  We had a great english style dinner courtesy of my MIL, who is a great cook. Then we exchanged family gifts. This game that Kallie is opening is Scrabble Flash, and is an excellent game.  Bry and I stayed up way too late playing this Christmas Eve. :)


Perplexes....another very fun game!  I love that our game closet is filling up!
I think she likes it!
 My SIL, Kim, made this cute pin cushion for me...which I caught on fire the very next day when trying to seal the edges of the silk flowers.  UGH!  But I was able to save it and it is still cute and functional and I am glad I didn't completely ruin it!  But I love it and have already used it several times.
And my MIL made these for all the girls.  It is a weighted sewing garbage and pin cushion.  It has a non skid stuff and is weighted so it hangs where ever you need it to at your sewing table.  It is FANTASTIC and i have loved using it. 

We had a great Christmas full of family and fun and love.  It truly was magical and and I felt the love of my Savior through all the things we did.  I am grateful for His birth and His life.  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

p.s. Kallie is still enthralled in the Christmas spirit and gives pretend presents before bedtime, hugs us and says "Merry Christmas".  She also tells me that I can ask Santa for stuff.  I am trying to help her understand that Christmas comes once a year...

No comments: