Just an FYI...
While I am doing some catch up I am post dating the posts to the date they occurred...so there may be a few that are farther back than you think, that you might have missed. I have to do it this way so I keep the events in order. Thanks!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

She is growing...

I can't believe how alive she has become in just a few short weeks. At about week 5 she really started to show more of her personality and true colors. She started to smile when she saw Mom or Dad, when we sing or talk to her, and when she sees her bears (they are her her friends that she stares at on the mobile above her bed.) It is so fun to see her smile. She has started to coo and talk. She is really trying to find her voice and use it. It is neat to see her working it all out. You can really tell what she is thinking by her expressions on her face. She has always been very expressive but more so now than before.
She is getting so long! She doesn't even fit on Bryan's lap anymore. He has to move her legs up so that she doesn't kick herself off! She is filling out a bit, but mostly growing lengthwise. She definitely is gaining weight...I can especially tell when I pick her up to eat at night.
As for me (Rachel,) I am still trying to fit in my pants :) (grrrr) I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, a pound under in fact...but things are still skiwompus as far as the body goes. I hear it can take up to a year to get back (if you do go back that is.) Having babies is great;) at least I got some new clothes right? (This is me trying to be positive about my appearance.) I need to exercise. And for all those who thought I didn't get stretch marks, a few showed up about 2 days before she was born and then after she was born, all the ones that didn't show because my skin was so nicely stretched, now show. So, I have plenty...no worries. (Can't you just hear the dripping sarcasm?) But, it is worth it seeing her smile like that, even when she doesn't it is still worth it ;)

10 comments:

Kelli said...

oh rach, good for you for being to your pre-pregnancy weight! minus a pound! at 7 weeks! impressive. it has taken me 4 months to get to my pre-pregnancy weight and i still need to lose another 20. it is always hard. misery loves company regarding the stretch marks! ;) i thought i had i nailed too, until a few days before delivery. oh well. i am so over it now. like you said, all of it goes away once you see the beautiful babe that was growing in there! she is precious. love you.

Damitz Family said...

The weight seems to be the easy part for me too. The inches? Not so much!

I finally got my act together and Dan on board this week to start exercising. I missed it so much!

And don't stress about the battle scars. You earned them. And you don't have to display them!

Love ya!

Super B said...

i'm right there with ya. I am only a few pounds away from the pre-pregnancy weight, but my clothes are all real weird now. I have a lovely and delicious muffin top! but, besides losing the baby weight, I should lose another 20lbs...since I was overweight when I got pregnant. Here's to good dads who watch the babies while mommy goes to exercise!!

Sue said...

Surrender and embrace!!!! You look great.

Brea Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brea Marie said...

Rachel and Bryan, I am so excited to have found your blog. I went to high school with Bryan and now you guys live in my parents ward. You get to see my parents more than I do! It's just not fair! Just kiddin with ya. I have added your blog and Bryan's photography blog to my list and I'll check back every now and again if that's okay. You have some great pictures! And congrats on your little girl! What a CUTIE! Thanks, Brea Nielsen Wentz PS...so sorry about deleting the previous comment. Can I say I am up WAY too late and was having a "mommy brain moment"? Thanks for your forgiveness!

Brea Marie said...

Rachel and Bryan, okay so yeah I am complete loser. I just read on you blog that you guys moved!! So much for my parents keeping me up to date. I feel like a total FOOL now. So, call me an idiot, or something worse. Or you can just ignore anything I write. I need a new brain. SORRY!

Don&Stacy&Boys said...

It was so good to see you guys while I was in Utah and to get a peek at sleeping baby Kallie. That smile is adorable. You looked great when I saw you! No worries about fitting into pants again. It comes in time. Yes we do sacrifice a lot to bring them into the world, but they are worth every battle scar they leave behind.

Don&Stacy&Boys said...

It was so good to see you guys while I was in Utah and to get a peek at sleeping baby Kallie. That smile is adorable. You looked great when I saw you! No worries about fitting into pants again. It comes in time. Yes we do sacrifice a lot to bring them into the world, but they are worth every battle scar they leave behind.

Ginny said...

What an adorable picture!!! And, as far as the pre-pregnancy "shape", just take comfort in knowing you are so not alone!!! :-)